Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Trefoil and a Family

I chose to feature my "Yellow and Orange Trefoil Flower Painting" as a follow up to my joining a way too brief but lively, heart juicy family reunion in Ortley Beach, New Jersey. The bright trefoil has three leaves growing from it's single root, and so it was with our three generations- a colorful group to say the least! I was not sure what to expect. It had been twenty-five years after all, but it was good, all good! One whole side of my very large family was there - my aunt, the matriarch, her eight children and all of theirs. In and out of each other's rooms we shared food, laughter, and conversations within conversations. With arms wide open to catch the tears, reminiscences, joy and sorrows, we caught all we could and re-connected like a quarter century had never passed. Like the bright leaves of my trefoil, we re-connected from the root like the colorful blossoms of my painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment